New Appliances

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Appliances

Post  Koru on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:55 am

From an environmental point of view, is it better to have all new appliances, that are super efficient. Or should you mend your old appliances, recyling and reusing?
Koru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Appliances

Post  fatcat2 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 am

I think it depends on whether you can afford to upgrade if you can I think you should, but I also think the government have a responsibility to help those who can not afford to upgrade just like what they are doing for the cars, also to help out more when disposing of the old.
fatcat2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:21 pm

I really am a gadget a holic! I love them, and will buy the best i can afford when it comes time to replace. BUT, that said, I don't replace just for the sake of it, and, having bought a "good" version of something, I expect it to last! I take a while to learn all the possibilities of my new kitchen gadget, be it a washing machine, toaster, microwave etc etc etc, and get used to it, so I feel sadness when it is time to replace / upgrade. Example, my toaster, which I have had for a good few years, is broken. I SHOULD replace it, it would be more environmentally friendly to replace, as it only toasts one side of the bread ata time now, but I haven't replaced it yet, cos I need to work out what to replace it with and whether I will like it as much!
Lx
sunset30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Koru on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:42 am

I just wish that I had faith that they disposed of things properly, rather than just throwing them away, or mending them and sending them to poor countries, where they will ultimately be thrown away.
Koru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum