When you DON'T want to cook ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When you DON''T want to cook ....

Post  Hushy on Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 pm

What type of food do you have on nights when you can't be bothered cooking?

Do you have a sandwich ... or some cereal ... a pot noodle ... or do you usually end up phoning a takeaway?

What's your favourite takeout meal? Do you have a takeaway 'night' every week, or do you just have them as and when?

What's your perfect sandwich? Bread, spread and filling please. Any strange ones?

Admin

View user profile http://whatsyouropinionon.top-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: When you DON'T want to cook ....

Post  Cadiva on Tue May 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Hushy wrote:What type of food do you have on nights when you can't be bothered cooking?

Do you have a sandwich ... or some cereal ... a pot noodle ... or do you usually end up phoning a takeaway?

What's your favourite takeout meal? Do you have a takeaway 'night' every week, or do you just have them as and when?

What's your perfect sandwich? Bread, spread and filling please. Any strange ones?

1 Pasta, usually with a Dolmio stir in sauce, either pepperoni or bacon/tomato, sometimes with a Mathesons smoked sausage chopped up and added to it.

2 Chinese is our favourite, we tend to eat take away once every fortnight on average, sometimes it's more though. We alternate between the kebab shop (where I get a curry, Mike gets a pizza or a kebab), the pizza shop or the Chinese

3 Favourite sandwich would be roast beef salad with red onion marmalade on a gorgeous wholemeal roll or tuna and cucumber on a white crispy baguette with crispy lettuce
Cadiva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 on Tue May 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Night's when I don't feel like cooking? Ummm, and they are???
Seriously, usually I cook anyway (we have three week cooking plans here!) or else I swap the plan around so that it's a meal that DP can make.
If he's away I usually don't bother to eat anything for dinner!
We do have takeaway - think the last one was around xmas time - not often then!
Lx
sunset30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 on Tue May 19, 2009 6:14 pm

ooh perfect sanwich....
Ummm, very favourite is onion bagel with pastrami, emmental, gherkins, american salad mustard, and salad

DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD FOR YOU THAT IS?????
It's terrible, so now I have wholemeal pitta with salad and 3 falafels (with benecol spread)
or a baguette with ONE cheese triangle and a sliced tomato (with NO spread)

both of these are not exceptionally good for you, but they are delicious and not BAD for you!

I also love granary bread, but DP is complettely averse to seeds or bits of any kind!
Lx
sunset30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyqwerty on Fri May 29, 2009 4:24 pm

I do fairly crappy, don't-care kinds of tea like cheese and biscuits or eggs and toast with fruit for the kids on weekdays, as they have hot school lunches and it's really only a top-up.

At the weekend a simple roast is easy enough as it just goes in the over and gets ignored for hours. Roast chicken, baked potatoes and some peas is dead easy and very nice.

A proper tea is a wonderful thing - about once a week we have crumpets and sarnies and fruit salad and cake etc, and that's very easy but pretty impressive.

But if I'm really not cooking at ALL? Fish and chips. Once a month or so we have a chippy meal, and very nice it is too.

I love sandwishes! Feta cheese, red onion, cucumber and mayonnaise in a granary baguette ... mmmm!

dirtyqwerty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix on Sat May 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Aarrgghh.. you've hit on my dirty little secret.

At least once a week I lose the will to live.. uh, cook. DH never cooks (for evidence, see birthday meal!) so it is always me and I get so fed up with it. Sometimes I plan a night off, so will defrost something I've already made and frozen (chili, spag bog, curry...) sometimes it gets to 5pm and I just .... ugh. Can't even bear the thought of cooking.

We usually phone a takeaway or pop to the supermarket for "insta-food" (e.g. pre-made sandwiches, salad bar, cooked chicken, french stick, pasties etc.. the girls call it a "picnic" dinner).

If the girls need feeding early for some reason I will sometimes buy them something frozen that they aren't normally allowed as a treat - like crispy pancakes, chicken nuggets etc. On those nights He and I will eat cereal or toast. Too lazy to cook otherwise!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top