DNA database

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DNA database

Post  Anybugger on Thu May 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Currently the goverenment hold the DNA of ALL people arrested, whether charged or not.
Europe has deemed this unlawful so we are now looking at holding them for a fixed period, say 6 years for a lesser crime and 12 for something such as Murder.
Do you think it shoudl be held at all?
Or perhaps the solution is to take everyone's DNA at birth
WYOO a DNA database???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DNA database

Post  Moomin76 on Thu May 07, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm pretty much all or nearly nothing on this one (everyone's on it or just those convicted of a crime). The only thing I object to is the halfway house - accused of a crime is very different from actually being convicted. If you're found innocent or never charged then you should be removed straightaway - you are no different to the rest of society who haven't been arrested.

I would have no problem or issue with my dna being taken and stored on a database. I wouldn't find that an infringement of my human rights. The NHS already holds a myriad of different types of information on me - my blood type will be on my mat records for example (am rhesus negative so had to have the anti d injection). I don't see dna as being any different.

I also subscribe to the 'what's the problem if you've nothing to hide' school of thought.
Moomin76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye on Thu May 07, 2009 10:48 pm

I think that the DNA should be kept. it means that in the future more people would be caught and Punished for there crimes and because there is DNA evidence the criminal wont walk about scot free. I know I lot of people dont agree with this view, I also think that any imigrants/refugees/asylam seekers should have the DNA put on a database. I am not saying that they are criminals but just as a precaution. I also think that uk citizens should be able to opt in to the DNA database.
beadyeye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top